Let’s get to the point:
You’re most likely here because you were searching for…..
- What is the best eCommerce website builder
- What is the top eCommerce website builder for a small business
- What are the best online store builders
- Best Way To build An eCommerce Website
- Top eCommerce Site Builders
Am I right, or close to it?
Darn right I am:
Listen, I’ve tested all the platforms, reviewed and compared them to one another, and researched what other the top influencer’s in the website builder industry are saying, and compiled the list to easily help you decide on the top builder for your soon to be online store.
But on top of that:
I’m sure you want to test drive a few of these eCommerce online store builder platforms to see what they have to offer you and not just listen to me.
Well good, you should be testing:
The great thing is, they are right here, and if you utilize some of the most popular eCommerce software platforms out here, you can have your site up and going today and be visible online before you know it.
Your Personalized Table Of Contents
- #1 Shopify – The Best eCommerce Website Builder
- #2 Bigcommerce eCommerce Builder – A Great Online Store Builder
- #3 Wix – The Best Basic Website Builder For A Small Business
- #4 Volusion – Powering Over 40K + Stores
- #5 Weebly – Simply A Simple eCommerce Solution
- Compare Them Side By Side
- So, What To Do Next? And,Which One Would I Use? And Why I Would Use It.
- Conclusion On The Best eCommerce Website Builder Choices
Want another good reason to get it going today?
According to a statistic by Statista, by 2017 retail eCommerce sales are expected to grow to 434.2 billion in U.S Dollars.
Think it might be worth grabbing a piece of that pie?
The answer is yes 🙂
In this list, I am going to go over some of the top website builders for anyone looking to build an eCommerce website and show you some of their top perks to offer your shoppers for an awesome experience.
Maybe a quick note worth reading:
The top 5 are in order in which I feel they’re ranked based off research, reviews, and comparing one another.
If you’re struggling on choosing one or pulling your hair out get a hold of me over at my “About Me” page.
Just to stay transparent with you:
Just so you know I can get paid out by you purchasing through these resource links below, nothing changes, it just helps support this website.
If you have any questions on this affiliate disclosure just let me know, I’d be happy to answer any of them for you:
#1 Shopify – The Best eCommerce Website Builder
Shopify is a one-stop solution for business owners who want to be able to run an eCommerce store off their websites.
Much like other site builders that allow you to build your site exactly the way you want it, Shopify gives you access to its online store builder.
You can use the provided templates to save yourself some time, or you can put everything together from scratch.
Over 375,000 online stores run on Shopify because of its dependability and countless features, some of which include SEO and marketing resources, secure shopping carts, and mobile device compatibility.
Just to add, if you still are not sure on Shopify, yet really want to try it.
Head on over and check out my Shopify review that pretty much covers everything (Shopify review link just a bit below), and has a follow along video too.
Or if you want to also:
just head over there and enjoy the 14 day totally free trial they offer.
Want some more great news before you start your free trial?
When you click that button just below and go to Shopify. It will only take you about 10 minutes to get your business name and eCommerce website up and going.
How awesome right? Also, having some issues or just a quick question once you set it up? Just shoot me a quick message ok?
A Few Other Things:
Powerful Data About Shopify To Make You Feel Better Using Them:
- In 2006, the Shopify platform was released
- Merchants in over 150 countries
- 680 + Experts In The Shopify Network
- 10 Billion Plus Total Shopify Sales
- 1000 plus Shopify apps to power your store
Shopify Benefits You Can Take Advantage Of:
- 100 + Professional eCommerce Website Templates
- Easy Template Customization
- Flexible Website Design
- Let Your Customers Pay With Their Credit Card
- Great Shopping Cart (Tons of features to benefit you and your customers)
- Unlimited Web Hosting & Bandwidth
- Easy Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Features
- Shopify Forum (valuable spot to get feedback and throw ideas around)
- Shopify Apps (Apps make your life simple)
- All In One eCommerce Website Builder And Hosting
6 Of The Most Frequently Asked Questions People Want To Know About Shopify
- Is the 14 day free trial totally free? Yes, no credit card needed.
- Is there a set up fee? No
- Can I cancel my account at anytime? 100% yes
- Can I change my plan at anytime? You can upgrade or downgrade whenever
- Can I use my own domain? Sure can, purchase one through them, or use one you already have
- Do I need to host my website? No, this is all part of your Shopify plan
Pricing For Shopify
Awards I give Shopify
- Best overall eCommerce online store builder
Don’t just take my word about Shopify being the #1 eCommerce Website Builder
Check out what other leaders in testing online store builders have to say about Shopify.
The team at Website Tool Tester call it “The Swiss Army Knife of Online Stores”
Jeremy from Website Builder Expert says “Shopify is definitely one of the easiest eCommerce builders to help you create your online shop” and “Shopify is a leading online shop builder”
Steve from Site Builder Report says “Sets the bar for all store builders”
See, how even the other top websites that cover website builders love Shopify? Not just my word 🙂
See everything it offers for your business so far?
I’m gonna assume that you’re going to try the #1 eCommerce website builder out.
So let me show you a step by step video tutorial on getting you started.
If you want to follow along, click the link.
It will open in a new window don’t worry this one stays open.
Conclusion On Shopify
Shopify is the best overall eCommerce builder they will have the tools to grow with you.
I encourage you no matter what to try Shopifys 14 day free trial because there isn’t anything to lose.
It’s such a leader, your missing out if you don’t at least test it.
Get Started With Shopify – Don’t worry either, No risk, and no credit card required (I made sure of it)
#2 Bigcommerce eCommerce Builder – A Great Online Store Builder
This eCommerce website builder is perfect for any serious business owner, or if your just a beginner.
They offer tons of features that make it super user-friendly.
Such as built-in marketing features to help promote your site, SEO tools to help get your site noticed on search engines, and a secure shopping cart for your customers and payment gateway.
You really can’t go wrong with it because they also offer you a free trial. So the worst thing is you try it out and decide it’s not for you.
Something worth reading:
Check out my full review on Big commerce.
Can These Benefits Help You?
- Great SEO Tools (Helps you get found on search engines easier)
- Great Conversion Tools (AKA – Makes People Buy Your Product)
- Marketing Tools
- Tons Of Product Configurations
- Analytic Tools
- Top Notch Security
- Payment Gateway
Pricing For Bigcommerce
- Standard – $29.95 Monthly
- Bigcommerce Plus – $79.95 Monthly
- Pro – $199.95 Monthly
- Enterprice – Call Bigcommerce For Pricing
#3 Wix – The Best Basic Website Builder For A Small Business
With over 77 million users in 190 countries and growing at a great rate.
Wix is a great eCommerce solution to check out. I was able to open a site in general in just a few minutes which really impressed me because I didn’t have a clue about Wix.
I wrote a nice detailed review on Wix that should give you, even more, info that you’re looking for if needed.
Another real nice thing I like about is Wix is near the beginning when you are signing up and have to choose what type of template you need. They pretty much spoon feed you the categories.
Let’s say you’re a realtor and want to build a real estate website.
Wix does an awesome job breaking it right down and helping you choose the templates for that industry within the first steps of signing up.
It’s nice to have that peace of mind that you’re already on the right track.
These are only a few of their great benefits for you:
- Set up website fast (no joke, probably 5 minutes)
- Simple drag and drop to make your life easy when designing your site.
- Dedicated 24/7 to help you when needed
- Optimized for your mobile users
- Tons of templates to choose from that fit your needs and will catch your customers attention
- Easily add blog features on your eCommerce website
- Free – Limited Features
- Connect Domain – $5 Monthly
- Combo – $10 Monthly
- Unlimited – Most Popular – $14 Monthly
- eCommerce – $17 Monthly <— Just select see all plans to see the comparison chart
- VIP – $25 Monthly
My Main Wix Con
I just am not a fan of their customer service options. I just feel it takes too long for a response. It’s not a make or breaker but sure would like to see them implement a chat service.
Awards I Give Wix
- Best online store builder for a small business
- Best free website builder
#4 Volusion – Powering Over 40K + Stores
Of the sites on this list, Volusion is the one that equips e-business owners with the tools best suited to visually attractive product presentation.
While the designs are not overly Flash-heavy, every aspect of your store will look and feel very smooth and clean.
While Volusion can be tweaked to help you sell any kind of product, the way it is designed is geared more towards selling physical goods.
Customers will be able to easily navigate your store and browse through your products with ease.
Make sure to check out the article Creating A E-Commerce Store With Volusion for more information.
- Simple SEO Features
- One Page Check Out Feature
- Auto Generated Site Map
- Email Marketing Tools
- Simple Payment Processing
- Daily Website Backup
- Mini – $15/Monthly
- Plus – $35/Monthly
- Pro – $75/Monthly
- Premium – $135/Monthly
You can start building with Volusion right here.
#5 Weebly – Simply A Simple eCommerce Solution
Weebly is a very powerful yet easy on the wallet option for your eCommerce website that you’re about to build.
Many times, you will hear it compared to Wix when your doinig your research too on website builders.
It offers some very nice features such as powerful ways for your customer to search and filter for products they are looking for.
This is a very important features because your customers need to get to what they want easily.
Just to add a little pricing bomb on you. The Weebly eCommerce pricing starts at only $8 when you get into the paid plans which I highly suggest.
Here Are Some Killer Features I loved:
- Easily Set Tax Rates To Your Customers Locations
- Integrated Blog (Great For Content Marketing)
- SEO Options To Get Your Site And Products Found
- Powerful Features To Search For Products
- Starter – $8/Monthly
- Pro – $12/Monthly
- Business – $25/Monthly
- Performance – $38/Monthly
A Con For Me:
- Weebly needs more templates. Tons of potential but I need some more options.
Compare Them Side By Side
Created with Compare Ninja
So, What To Do Next? And,Which One Would I Use? And Why I Would Use It.
It’s one thing to read the 5 best online store builders
Another thing to know what to do next.
Your best option next is to test drive the one you feel will be your best choice.
At least test drive your top two options out there.
One thing I will tell you, is it’s easier to just dive in and test them out then to debate.
You don’t get anywhere doing that.
So, now let’s talk
If I was about to build an eCommerce website and was ready to get started. What would I do?
I would ask myself this
How big do I want my eCommerce website to get, and what do I need out of it
If my answer was to stay small I would go with Wix, because it’s a very nice and simple option and will allow me to do everything I need.
If my answer was to start an eCommerce website and my goal was to grow it over time I would want to use Shopify hands down.
In fact, I would call it a must try
A few reasons why:
It has awesome customer service (they are literally right there when you need help and that gives me peace of mind), I love there dashboard and visuals, and they have experts for everything you need that you can hire also.
They also, are just build around offering everything you need to have a awesome eCommerce machine.
Here is a simple link to Shopify to get started and at least test drive out their free trial
Get Started With My #1 Choice – Shopify – Don’t worry either, No risk, and no credit card required (I made sure of it)
Conclusion On The Best eCommerce Website Builder Choices
Choosing the best ecommerce online solution doesn’t have to be difficult.
I’ve shown you the top 5 online store builders. It’s now just time for you to choose and test.
Each one has great benefits that can help you get online.
Just to recap:
The top 5 eCommerce website builders are:
Have fun testing them and get your hands dirty.
Let me ask you something:
Have you had the chance to try any of these yet?
Or do you have a question in regards to using them?
Drop me a line below if you need help, or have a question.
If you want 1 on 1 help though head over to my contact page and we can talk via email